- You may be eligible through your employment, association membership, and volunteerism, or by becoming a member of one of our nonprofit partner organizations.
- Absolutely no fees - no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee, no balance transfer fee, no cash advance fee, no late fee, no over credit limit fee, and no penalty fee.
- 7.49% introductory purchase APR for the first 36 months. After that, the APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate, and is currently 9.99% APR.
- 4.99% APR promotional balance transfer rate for life of balance on transfers made between October 1, 2012, and December 31, 2012.
- After December 31, the APR for any new balance transfers will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate, and is currently 9.99%.
- No-fee cash advances carry a 9.99% variable APR.
(5.0 out of 5.0)
Information - Rates - Fees
Low Interest Credit Card
No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Card
- Late Payment Fee: None
- Over Credit Limit Fee: None
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None
- Balance Transfer Fee: None
- Absolutely No Fees! Introductory Purchase Rate – 7.49% APR for the first 36 months.
- You must be a Pentagon Federal Credit Union member to apply. Not a member? It's easy to join. You must be a United States Government employee, member of the United States Military and Uniformed Services, employee or volunteer of the American Red Cross, member of the National Military Family Association, or a family member/housemate of a current PenFed member.
Review by CreditCardsBay™
The PenFed Promise Visa Card is a credit card with absolutely no fees. Unlike most other credit cards out there on the market, this Promise card does not have late fees, over credit limit fees, balance transfer fees, foreign transaction fees, or any other fee that credit card issuers will charge. The card is fee free as is stated; however, if you are irresponsible with your Promise card, there are consequences. While you do not have to pay any fees for late payments, if you are late or do not make payments at all, you will receive a warning and PenFed will close your credit account.
Prospective cardholders interested in applying for this credit card must meet certain eligibility requirements that are stated when you apply for membership.
- Long term introductory
- Low APR for purchases
- No currency transactions fee
Rewards & Benefits
The information provided for PenFed Promise Credit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Mar 4, 2013). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.
- US Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card - 17,500 Bonus FlexPoints First Progress Platinum Select MasterCard® Secured Credit Card Cerulean Hybrid Discover® credit card
- San Francisco 49ers Extra Points Credit Card Discover it® Credit Card - 18 months intro Continental Finance Matrix Discover® credit card (UnSecured)
- VISA® Platinum from Credit One Bank® (Poor Credit) IberiaBank Visa® Select READYdebit® Visa® Prepaid Card